click above photos for descriptions
How to prepare for your Whale Watch
The Day Before/Day Of Your Trip
- Check your reservation confirmation for your departure time – You don’t want to be late and miss the boat!
- Look up and print directions to 7 Seas Whale Watch from Google Maps
- Plan extra travel time for traffic – Especially for afternoon trips on weekends in the summer months (Route 128 North into Gloucester can be slow going)
Good to know …
- It is often difficult to get a mobile signal when we are out one the ocean watching whales. It takes as much as an hour to reach Stellwagen Bank so you may want to bring a book or activities for the kids. However, the Privateer IV does have on on board library with lots of nature books to look through. Plus we also have coloring pages for the kids and of course your naturalist will be making their way around the boat with educations items.
- Then again, you could just enjoy the ride and the scenery on the way out to the whales
- Our credit card machine also does not work while we are at sea, so remember to bring cash for the snack bar
- Ocean temperatures are usually 10-15 degrees (F) colder than on land, so make sure you dress appropriately. Bring extra layers as you can always take off clothing if you are too warm. We do have a heated cabin, however, you will no doubt want to be out on deck while we are on the whales.
What to bring checklist …
- A jacket and warm clothing, rubber-soled shoes or sneakers for good traction on deck
- Sunscreen & sunglasses
- A camera with a memory card that has lots of space (and a fully charged battery!)
- Motion sickness medication or patch if desired
- Snacks/drinks or cash for the snack bar